What means by image compression and why is it needed?
Image compression is the process of reducing digital file size in bytes without compromising the quality of the file as it doesn’t change the actual dimensions of the file, in simple terms compression is the process of turning a big file into a small file.
This helps us achieve the desired file size without degrading the quality of the image and reduces the storage space which also makes it easy to upload the file to different platforms as these platforms require a certain number of bits to be eligible for the upload.
Generally, images captured through professional cameras such as DSLR, iPhone cinematic cameras, etc usually take up dozens of megabytes which may be not suitable to upload on multiple platforms and also takes up huge storage space.
Hence compressing these images without degrading the quality using a standard image compressor is an ideal choice.
Types of compression you need to know before you go ahead:
- Lossy compression reduces and filters redundant data by removing some parts of the image. This method helps you achieve a significantly smaller version comparatively faster without losing the quality of the image.
- But you need to be aware of the fact that the changes made through Lossy compression are irreversible as it interacts with the actual image components hence you may lose the data permanently as it cannot be recovered.
- Lossless compression reduces the file size efficiently without manipulating the actual data. In this method, the lost data can be retrieved by uncompressing the file later.
- Though it's a very convenient method to resize your file you may still not be able to reduce the size comparatively low as lossy compression.
How to compress JPG/PNG/JPEG/NON-Animated GIF?
The counting character’s online image compressor made it easy to compress any format with just three simple steps:
- Either you can drag and drop desired JPG/PNG image from your device or you can click on the“Select your image” button to upload the image you want to compress.
- Once the image has been uploaded successfully, the compression process begins and just takes a few seconds to get completed.
- You can now download the compressed image by clicking on the “download” button.
Why choose Counting characters’ image compressor?
After understanding what is image compression and the types of compression along with various benefits in compressing your image, it’s quite common that you may wonder why should I go for Counting characters when there are many other compressors available online that do the same job. So, what is more special about counting characters’ image compressors than the rest?
- Image quality: Quality is the biggest concern and a big question mark when using image compressors but with access to counting characters, you have opened the gateway to high-resolution quality images.
- Privacy is our priority: The next big question that pops into anyone’s mind while uploading images online is about their privacy. We got you covered! Counting Characters does not hold any rights to view, sell, copy, or share your images so all the uploaded images get removed automatically after 24 hours.
- Free & Fast: Yes! You read it right. We don’t charge anything for our services and you can get your job done within a few seconds by just following 3 simple steps.
- Compatibility and access: Counting Characters image compressor is compatible with all devices (iOS and android) without any hassles as there is no installation required. Also, you can now compress any image format all across the world just by having a reliable source of the internet.
- User-Friendly: You can now compress your images without facing any complexities. You have to just follow three simple steps to get your hands on high-quality compressed images on the go.
- Custom size compression: With the Counting Characters image compressor there is no need to stick to piloted image compression. You can customize your image size based on your requirements as “One size doesn’t fit all”
You can use our online image size reducer to get desired photo size. With the above-mentioned three steps please make sure that you enter the ideal compressed image size you’re looking for, i.e., 10 kb, 20 kb, 50 kb, 100 kb, 150 kb, or 200 kb or any preferred size you need to cover.
Based on your size preference our online photo compressor provides you with industry-standard images within a few seconds.
What are the different image formats and how are they different?
If you are someone who doesn’t know the difference between JPG or PNG image format, trust me you’re not the only one. So here is a short detail for you to read about
JPG/ JPEG is the most commonly used image format as we can alter the size of a JPG image just by compressing its pixels and color combination.
This file type was originally developed by the Joint Photographic Experts Group as they realized the need for smaller size photographic files for ease of sharing which is a game changer in the field of photography.
PNG stands for Portable Network Graphic which is an immediate alternative for sharing visual data. PNG format provides users with high-quality images grounded on lossless compression.
Due to their high resolution, they are considered as a heavyweight format and take more time to load compared to JPG format.
Frequently asked questions?
Is this photo compressor safe to use?
Yes, Counting Character’s image size reducer is 200% safe and promotes high safety and privacy for our customers.
Is it available offline?
Unfortunately, our online image compressor is a web-based product hence an active internet is a mandate to access our services.